We know what you’re thinking, “Of course, a chocolate business tells me to eat more chocolate!” This isn’t about our bottom line… it may be good for your health.
- Dark chocolate isn’t just delicious, but a piece of chocolate a day could help keep the doctor away…literally! With all its natural and health-promoting components dark chocolate is an antioxidant powerhouse and a superfood that’s a crowd favorite. Dark chocolate is loaded with compounds like iron, magnesium, polyphenols, flavanols, and catechins that function as antioxidants.
If you have slightly elevated blood pressure, a bite of dark chocolate a day can improve blood flow and bring blood pressure levels down, according to research from the Journal of the American Medical Association.
- Flavanols have been shown to support the production of nitric oxide (NO) in the endolethium (the inner cell lining of blood vessels) that helps to relax the blood vessels and improve blood flow, thereby lowering blood pressure. [1,2] Flavanols in chocolate can increase insulin sensitivity in short term studies; in the long run, this could reduce risk of diabetes. 
- Dark chocolate has also been shown to have mood boosting properties. The theory is that cacao releases endorphins and serotonin — both promote an overall sense of well-being.
Ready to satisfy your sweet tooth and boost your mood? Our collections contain delicious chocolates holding a promise from God’s word. ((enter shop here or shop collections) button.))
Disclaimer: Promise Chocolates does not give medical advice. **
- Fisher ND, Hughes M, Gerhard-Herman M, Hollenberg NK. Flavanol-rich cocoa induces nitric-oxide-dependent vasodilation in healthy humans. J Hypertens. 2003;21:2281-6.
- Hooper L, Kay C, Abdelhamid A, et al. Effects of chocolate, cocoa, and flavan-3-ols on cardiovascular health: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized trials. Am J Clin Nutr. 2012;95:740-51.